Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Still need prayers

Feeling pretty okay. Better than I thought I would at this point since the accident; it's been 3 weeks.

From what they are reporting, Mom and other family are doing okay. Lonnie's husband, James and Lonnie's two boys have moved in with Lee Ann and Brent; my older sister and brother in law. They already have three kids so let's just say it's a house-full now. Four boys and one mini-Laura all under the age of six. Two of the boys are two years old. I keep forgetting to call to arrange a time to babysit.

Felt so good today that I actually wondered downtown and had a lunch out with my baby, David (boyfriend). We ate at the Last Resort. I was so pleasantly surprised to be surrounded by my friend Lesley Moody's beautiful acrylic paintings. But if you read this, I have dibs on the Mother and Baby Elephant in green colors. The mother's legs are making a little portico for the babe, I've already left a message for Lesley. I tried to buy it there, but the restaurant-worker-guy that I dealt with just bumbled around and acted incompetent in art sales and mentioned something about them being up all month.

In other news, very good news actually: I was reunited with a roommate and friend from my mission to Japan: It's Debbie from Ocala! We hadn't seen each other in 10 years. Lost each other three years ago. This was much better outcome than when I lost my old Cuban, Manny. (sniff, sniff, he was "so cue") It was a very sweet reunion with Miss Debbie, indeed. She cleaned my apartment and did all my laundry while I slept. We went out for sushi and remembered good times, I consider her to be one of my "landsmen"-kindred spirits. All that, and she likes Christmas music and retail shopping...go figure. To look at our lives, I would've never put us together; but we all know how living with someone can seal a bond. We picked up right where we left off. I just remembered: she's going to nursing school, is really cute and is a Christian; so, we're not complete opposites.

Please do not stop your prayers for me and my family as we slowly come to terms (I think) with losing my baby sister in that tragic accident. Praise God the boys survived the accident and are here to keep Lonnie's legacy alive.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I continue to pray for you and your family. I didn't know tu abuelito Manny died! Reading his name brought back so many mall memories about you and him. (Names on rice, names on bears, etc.) Thanks for your comment on my blog! You're right-he does resemble Jing Carey! Take care- King

aimes said...

Hi Laura,

I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you. I'm glad you got to go to last resort, it's my favorite restaurant in athens. It makes me happy that leslie's paintings are there. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. Hopefully I'll see you around soon. You're always welcome at the white heezy.

Amy

Lotus said...

King, you forgot the modeling; I would make him wear a tiny french-like scarf in the mall.

Randy Schlichting said...

Hey Sis, glad to see you are reading, writing, thinking and living. You are loved. And you are a blessing!