I finally got my car back yesterday. Finley and I rear ended a poor little old lady a couple weeks ago. It's been that long since I've had transportation. I had just found out the night before my accident that the other victim from Lonnie's wreck had passed away. She'd been hanging on all that time. That poor family. When I hit that old lady, I ran to her car as fast as I could, I was so scared that she was hurt. It was just a fender-bender really. Do "fender-benders" take two weeks to fix? Do I sound bitter?
I guess she slowed down to turn into the police station, apparently they were having a big ol' baptist church shindig there. I proceeded to hit her from behind. Neither of our air bags went off. And thank God we drove away healthy, my car just needed a band-aid or two, some hair gel and maybe a new set of contacts. Sitting at the station, I was definitely "geeked up" as my friend Mark calls me when I get into a certain state of mind. The cop even mentioned that he couldn't tell what color my eyes were, 'cause my pupils were so big. At least he didn't think I was high, that's always embarrassing. I get naturally high, it has it's benefits- that's my defense. One such benefit is that I don't have to have my eyes dilated when I get them examined; you're jealous, I know. Not that I was experiencing benefits of anything that day when I hit a 75 year old lady. I called my boyfriend right away and told him that I was near Publix. The disturbing thing was that I was on Experiment Station Road at the police station. Chalk it up to adrenaline, I don't know. I finally settled down and was grateful that we all had our seat belts on, including Finley and were spared a whole lot of complicated heartache and/or grief in our/my wake. I just kept thinking, "my poor mom." She's since insisted that I move home directly and oh, complete with a plan of a job at a nearby hospital. And yeah, like live with her 17 year old step daughter in a giant suburban home in a subdivision in a city with traffic, among other things, that will suck your soul? I have to giggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment