Wednesday, December 16, 2015

roller ball bottles


I received my root and petal colorful cap roller ball glass bottles for essential oil blends that I ordered from Amazon today!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01182NX52?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I don't get money if you click the links, I'm sharing for my own reference and show what products I used.

I made myself a lime and rosemary blend in fractionated coconut oil for mental clarity. Ideally I'd have a grounding oil in there too like cedar or vetiver, but I don't own those oils yet.

Hindsight, I should have washed, rinsed and let the vial dry out before blending it up. There is some kind of chunk in there that appears to be very thin paper. I don't care for now, but if I make a gift, or in the future, I will do that.

I've been rubbing it all over my face and just using it like a smelling stick (personal inhaler) as I write the final paper for my Social and Behavioral Studies program at Fox. I'm not necessarily recommending rubbbing it on your face like that. :) Again, I'm the guinea pig. I can feel it tingling my skin. I'm just sharing my journey and experiments. To me, this may have risks, but it's better than taking caffeine at 9 at night and risking having a horrible day tomorrow. All in moderation though. Am I right?

I want to remind anyone reading that citrus oils can react to the sun. It can burn you, it can scar you. In my experience lime worse than lemon, and I've really never had trouble with lemon, and that is with the actual fruit. Some of you may not know that I grew up in South Florida and I was a citrus fiend. Particularly lemons, my second choice was lime. I ate so much of them that I had to have a dentist resurface my teeth due to the enamel damage.  That said, the oils are way more concentrated and even orange may be a problem. So be careful.

I will probably use this roller ball bottle up before the sun comes out here. I'll just have to remember that in case it randomly comes out for a few minutes. And I'll have to be careful not to put citrus on my skin in the summer.

I put 3-4 ggts (drops) of lime  (DoTerra, less than a year old) and 3-4 ggts of Aura Cacia rosemary (greater than 6 years old). It's the only Rosemary that I've ever had, and I do feel like it's lost some of it's efficacy over time. For that reason I put several gtts instead of just one.

Today I also found out that the company that La Vonne recommended to me is a MLM (multilevel marketing) company like DT and YL. See yesterday's post for a link. That's disappointing....

Update: Tuesday Dec 17, 
So last night I was a bit impatient, and without washing it out, I made a second roller using jojoba and a blend that I was given. I just blew into it real hard in case there was dust.

The bottle says, Premium Good Night Blend and it came in a kit. The bottle says that it contains: chammomile, clary sage, copaiba (smells stinky, but good for inflammation), lavender(classic), peru balsam (hmmm?), sandalwood ($$$$), sweet marjoram (#wishlist) and ylang ylang(ow ow).

It worked! I put it on my jawline and neck (at least, I don't totally remember) and in the middle of the night after Finley woke me up, I applied again and propped it up for a few minutes while I settled back down right under my nose (lying on my side). I was happy with the results. For this blend, when I smell it directly from the bottle or I diffuse it, it smells like soap, and not a good soap. But like how cilantro smells to me; some people have some gene that makes cilantro smell and taste like soap. i'm one of those people, and it's gross. So I wanted to experiment with this blend in a roller ball. And at least for last night, I liked it. I made a very small amount. I think my roller ball bottle is 10ml and I put really only about 5 big drops of jojoba oil. I didn't want to waste either oil if I wasn't going to like it. I believe there is some oil in this that has a component that is smelling like soap (to me). Any feedback is truly welcome.

I say it worked because I rested well, but I should mention that I also took a couple droppers-full of valerian tincture in water before bed, so it could have totally been that. Who knows! It's all an experiment.

Click this link here to see My goals post has been updated today with a couple of new goals.

No comments: