Is this scarf-hat thing gorgeous or what? It doesn't exist, except in this girl's wardrobe. This is probably truly 'OOAK.' This is not a picture of me by the way. This is a random (very beautiful) person from Youtube-land that says that she got this at some obscure little boutique in Canada. Sigh. Sometimes I wish that I knew how to make stuff...instantly. But I guess I don't want that too badly, or I would try to learn. I just wanted to put this out to the Universe that I wanted something like this. I'm looking at the bright side: if I had one of these, I would have to keep track of it, and if/ when I lost track of it, I would probably have a mini-caniption wandering if my soul-scarf would ever be returned to me.
In other, somewhat shallow news, Darryl and I ripped off the soles of some of my boots so that I now have little moccasins. I'm getting creative trying to figure out how to get out of buying some $50 five finger vibrams. The plan is to get this plasti-dip stuff and coat the bottoms of the boots like this lady did with some cheap old five-finger socks to make some homemade vibrams. Her project actually looks a lot more interesting to me than the five-finger shoes. I could wear stripy ones if I wanted to. So we'll see if putting that on the bottom of my 'barefoot boots' might make them last more than like 1.1 days. Wait, why aren't we calling them 'five toe' socks/ shoes? I just remembered that five-finger-discount means to steal something.
Oh, and the point is to feel like I am walking barefoot. To have as little between my feet and the ground as possible. In Oregon, at least at this time of year, honestly, it's just easier to go barefoot with the rain and mud and all. But sometimes it's too cold for that (like a couple of days ago) and sometimes they make me wear shoes.
The end.
Love, Laura

No comments:
Post a Comment