That is kale. I tore it apart and coated it with a mixture that I made from this recipe. If you're going to pig out on something, dehydrated kale chips don't seem like such an evil indulgence . So indulge I did, I mean to say that I was downright greedy about these little chips. They are just so yummy. Crunchy, salty, and all cheesy-like. Just: mmmm.
I made some in the oven before with a straighter kind of kale, but I think this curly stuff is so much better. This is my first time using a dehydrator. Cheers to that! I plan to dry all sorts of goodies this year. I'm already fantasizing about blueberries. Today I dried some lemon peels just to experiment and am attempting a raw 'cracker,' that some friends got me hooked on. The supply they gave us has been depleted and I just. want. more. It's too perfect, it's like eating carb-y bread or crackers but it's made out of raw vegetables, fruit and seeds. Wait. Yep. That's what I meant to say. They make me feel good to eat them, and it's not the kind of 'hooked' where you have withdrawal either; as some people (ahem) may or may not have experienced with bread.

2 comments:
I got to eat Laura's kale chips, and yes, they are yummy! Who knew kale could become a tasty snack food?
i saw another recipe on the internet several weeks ago, and i have been wanting to try these ever since - just haven't gotten around to it. i'm so excited you had such success. you've re-motivated me to make these!
Post a Comment